Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Author Wednesdays-Cris Anson!!!


                                                  © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images  

  Hello and welcome to For Whom The Books Toll. Today is Wednesday and you know what that means.
It's time to introduce today's author, the wonderful and very talented Cris Anson!!!   Yay!! Welcome Cris and thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions.


Please share 5 fun facts about yourself that most people don't know?
  • During my senior year of high school, I was a percussionist in our All-State Orchestra. So yeah, I got rhythm.
  • I hate nail polish.
  • Instead of an engagement ring, I wanted a piano. (And got it.)
  • I’m a pack rat and am embarrassed to have anyone come into my office because of all the boxes and papers surrounding my desk. And all of them have to do with writing. Honest.
  • I get younger every year. I’m down to 39 and getting sexier all the time.

How long have you been an author?
Been writing since the early 1990s. My first book with Ellora’s Cave, DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS, was released in January 2005.

How many books have you had published?
My 13th title, NO PATIENCE http://www.ellorascave.com/no-patience.html came out on lucky Friday, September 13, 2013.

Do you have a favorite genre you write in?
Erotic romance of course. Mostly contemporary, with only a single detour into 1699 Massachusetts Bay Colony (the heroine haunting my mind wouldn’t let me go until I wrote PUNISHMENT AND MERCY, http://www.ellorascave.com/punishment-and-mercy.html in which a blacksmith and his apprentice both fall in love with Mercy).

Can you tell us about your current book?
NO PATIENCE literally fell out of my fingertips. MrNoPatience, who styled himself a Dom, contacted me on a fetish site and after a fair amount of emails, then phone calls, I agreed to meet him for lunch. We hit it off, to the point of wandering around a mall afterward, but he began to pressure me for an overnight hotel stay that same day. When I nixed it I got an email the next day saying I was too selfish, I wanted to be in control, and other rants. So I fixed his ass. I was so angry I wrote a story about what could have happened if he hadn’t lived up to his screen name. Here’s the blurb:

My name is Roseanne and I’m an exhibitionist.                                             
Of course I was nervous at first. Who wouldn’t be when you’re meeting a stranger for the ultimate purpose of sex?
I’m a full-figured widow and became interested in exploring BDSM via erotic romance novels. Almost put off by his screen name, Mr. No Patience, I answered Greg’s message because his profile on the fetish site intrigued me. I took it slow with him—a bunch of increasingly intimate emails followed by a few phone calls which, yes, morphed into phone sex when he made me orgasm to his whispered instructions and my own fingers.
But when we actually met—and clicked—at the restaurant, he started as he meant to go on, by ordering me to remove my thong and give it to him. And oh my, I blush to tell you the kinds of things I did under his tutelage. Not only in front of others, but allowing them to join us.
And now I’m impatient for more.

What can readers expect next from you?
I’m well into the third book in my MERCY trilogy (see the above comment about the 1699 heroine). In the second book, MERCY AND REDEMPTION http://www.ellorascave.com/mercy-and-redemption.html (out now in digital; it will be released in print on December 23, 2013), the three characters from PUNISHMENT AND MERCY have been reincarnated because they have unfinished business. Not to spoil the ending, but only one of the heroes gets the girl, so in REDEMPTION AND GLORY, the other hero gets his own story. And this story is almost pure BDSM, where both main characters are exploring where they stand on the Dominance/submission continuum. Can’t wait to see who comes out *ahem* on top.

If you could travel in a time machine, would you go back to the past or to the future?
Hmm. I’d like to go back to when I met my late husband, knowing what I know now about BDSM. He would have loved it!

How did you get interested in learning more about BDSM?
There was always something in the back of my mind about it, but I didn’t know it by name. In fact, the first sentence of DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS reads:
“And remember, if you see a naked man handcuffed to a ring in the ceiling, it’s because he wants to be there.”
I had no idea things like that actually occurred. Having never heard of a BDSM dungeon, I set the book in a sex club (The Platinum Society) and poured out some of my fantasies. As I met other Ellora’s Cave authors and read their BDSM stories, I got more and more enthralled. But the kicker was Dr. Charley Ferrer’s BDSM for Writers Workshop in New York City in August 2012. Part of the curriculum was a pair of visits to Paddles, http://www.paddlesnyc.com/ the longest running dungeon in NYC. What an eye opener those visits were! I attended the workshop (and Paddles) again this year. And on August 21-24, 2014, there will be a full-blown conference with dozens of speakers (I’m one of them) and three days of workshops, including those by practitioners of the lifestyle. Anyone interested in learning more about BDSM, whether writing it or wanting to experience it or just being informed, go to http://www.bdsmforwriters.com/BDSM_WRITERS_CON_2014.html to read more about this fantastic conference.

Have you ever visited a dungeon? Can you tell us a little about your visit?
OMG, have I visited dungeons! As mentioned above, my intro was to Paddles. Instead of rehashing it, here’s a blog http://crisansonspassions.blogspot.com/2012/10/getting-naked-at-paddles-bdsm-part-iv.html I wrote about my experiences there. It’s my most often visited blog. I’ve also visited dungeons in the Philadelphia area.
Some of the things that stand out in my mind from my visits:
  • Folks in the Lifestyle are super friendly and want to help you learn. They’re eager to dispel the myths and stigma surrounding them.
  • When you’re having sex, stray thoughts are likely to hit you, like, am I doing it right? Oof, he’s too heavy. Ew, was that a drop of sweat that just plopped in my eye? I’m getting close, closer, almost…damn, he beat me to it and collapsed and I’m still on the edge. On the other hand, when you’re being spanked or violet wanded or whatever, the Top or Dom is strictly focused on your pleasure, watching every nuance of your body so he can give you more pleasure. It can also make you feel very naughty that you’re practically naked and writhing in ecstasy in front of a bunch of like-minded strangers.
  • Speaking of nearly naked, the women I’ve seen, whether young or old, fat or thin, showing cellulite, stretch marks, hysterectomy scars or what have you, have great body image and carry themselves proudly. (Corsets and other fetishwear come in sizes to XXXL and they abound in dungeons.) No matter their size, these women act sexy because they know they are sexy and that in itself is a turn-on for their partners.
  • If you are daring enough to try something at a dungeon, know that anyone and everyone must abide by the “yellow” and “red” warning signs. If you say “red” and your partner doesn’t stop flogging or spanking or whatever, a dungeon monitor (or a bystander) will come to your rescue and you can bet the DM will kick out the offender and bar him from future attendance.

What would recommend others do if they wanted to learn more about BDSM?
First, check out this beginner’s list http://crisansonspassions.blogspot.com/2013/09/bdsm-beginners-library.html of books to read. Learn about Safe, Sane and Consensual (SSC). Think of the kinds of things you’d like to try.
Second, join Fetlife (www.fetlife.com). It’s a community which embraces all kinds of fetishes, from foot worship to rigging (rope suspension) to fire play to orgasm denial to punishment to all the B and D and S and M to ….you name it, there’s probably a group already there.
By the way, BDSM encompasses:
BD – bondage and discipline
DS – dominance and submission (usually indicated as D/s)
SM – sadism and masochism
Third, on Fetlife, check the top toolbar for “Places”, click on your state, scroll down to “Cities within xx” and find the nearest listed town to you. You’ll find a list of events and folks in your area. Browse, read people’s profiles and journals, go to a “munch” (a “vanilla” meeting in a restaurant or other social setting) and start to meet people.
Fourth, dare to try something!

Anything else you'd like us to know about your experiences at BDSM clubs?
Yes. I want more of them *wide grin*

Time for a few fun questions:
Sweet or salty?
Dark chocolate sprinkled with sea salt

Chips or pretzels? 
Chips

Favorite color?
 Red

Favorite flavor of ice cream? 
Vanilla with chocolate-covered almonds

Shoes or barefoot? 
Barefoot

Hard and fast or slow and gentle? 
YES!

Thanks for inviting me here, Julianne.  Please tell your readers they can read about my books on my website, www.crisanson.com and my blog at http://crisansonspassions.blogspot.com/ and they can friend me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cris.anson

Thanks so much, Cris. That was extremely enlightening.


Blurb:
Although this book is a standalone, we recommend reading Punishment and Mercy first.

While searching an old cemetery for likely gravestones to illustrate her colonial cookbook, Mercy Howe meets two hunks who are tracing their ancestry, and sparks fly. Literally.

When Mercy casually touches Seth and Adam, her vividly erotic vision involving all three of them feels like a memory, not a dream, and awakens long-dormant sexual urges. Their kisses are achingly familiar, and she welcomes each in turn into her body. Then she spends a no-holds-barred weekend with both men in her bed and discovers an intimacy—and a past—that blows her mind.

As memories resurface from three hundred years ago, Mercy will have to choose whether to relive the experiences from their joint past or forge a new bond with either Seth or Adam. Or both.

Inside Scoop: Contains m/f/m and mild m/m and one doubly satisfied heroine!

Buy Links:


Ellora's Cave


Blurb:                                                                                                              
Widowed Mercy Walcott is too wanton for the repressive Massachusetts Bay Colony of 1694, so when she gets flogged in the village square for sexual congress outside matrimony, her father forces her to marry the blacksmith, Seth Burroughs. Strong, virile, dominant and insatiable, Seth tames her. Up to a point.

Young acolyte Adam Putnam falls hard for the beauty he’s forced to subdue while the reverend doles out her punishment. Watching her bare ass getting redder and her delectable thighs wetter, he experiences his first orgasm under his churchly robes—in full view of the citizenry.

Mercy remembers the feel of him as she squirmed away from the whip and against his sinewy body. She inveigles Seth to indenture him as an apprentice. Soon Adam is torn between his carnal desire for the woman he’s coming to love and his innate scruples. How can he withstand temptation when Seth encourages his wife to make love to Adam? And how can Adam look his friend in the eye after he does?

Inside Scoop: Mercy encourages and gets off on watching some hot and heavy male/male action before she joins them for a juicy ménage.

Buy Links:


Ellora's Cave

Blurb:
My name is Roseanne and I’m a full-figured woman interested in exploring BDSM. Though I was almost put off by his screen name, Mr. No Patience, I answered Greg’s message because his profile on a fetish site intrigued me. I took it slow with him—increasingly intimate emails followed by phone calls which, yes, morphed into phone sex when he made me orgasm to his whispered instructions and my own fingers.

But when we actually meet—and click—at a restaurant, he starts as he means to go on, by ordering me to remove my thong and give it to him. And oh my, I blush to tell you the kinds of things I do under his tutelage. Not only in front of others, but allowing them to join us.

And now I’m impatient for more.

Buy Links:



Ellora's Cave



Blurb:                                                                              
Older widow Delia Barnes is sporting a black eye when she greets fellow authors before an erotic romance convention, which she explains away by joking “I didn’t say ‘Yes Master’ quick enough.” Sitting at the bar, burned-out ad executive and former Dom Kurt Reinhardt overhears the remark—and interrupts to suggest maybe she needs “a new Master”.

Urged by her friends to accept the younger man’s invitation to learn some D/s basics—hey, an author needs to do her research, right?—Delia joins him to get first-hand experience at being submissive, starting with removing her panties in a corner booth. Later, she learns more than she bargained for when she spends a weekend at Kurt’s home…with his eager business partner added to the mix.

But an innocent misstep brings Delia’s world crashing down around her. Can she trust Kurt with her heart…and her life?

Reader Advisory: Delia gets some up-close-and-personal training during a delectable m/f/m ménage.

Buy Links:


Ellora's Cave


I hope everyone enjoyed learning more about Cris. Please stop by next Wednesday when Her Royal Hotness, Sabrina York will be here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julianne, thanks for hosting me. And thanks for doing such a thorough job of adding the Amazon links for my books. I appreciate it! I hope your readers want to learn more about BDSM now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Cris. Thanks for being on my blog!

      Delete