Wednesday, March 4, 2015

~~Author Wednesdays-Cassandra Carr!~~

© Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images 

Welcome to Author Wednesdays at For Whom The Books Toll. Cassandra Carr is my guest today so let's give her lots of blog love!!
Why did you decide to write something that wasn't romance, though your serial does have romantic aspects?

This is going to sound horrible, but I got tired of writing sex scenes. Through my publishing life many readers and reviewers have commented that I write good sex scenes, but I started to feel like I'd already done it. Plus, I love love love Burn Notice and Arrow, the two shows that are closest to the subject matter of the Underground serial. They inspired me. The parts are written much like TV episodes. Obviously not in screenplay fashion ARROW BITES HIS LIP HERE, but the dialogue and action is closer to TV writing. At least, I think so.

What do you like about writing action/adventure?

It's different. There's much more of a focus on the character's motivations. In my serial, the hero is an ex-hockey player. You knew I'd work hockey in somehow, right? ;-) Anyway, a terrible thing happens to him and he needs to disappear. He joins Underground, a black ops organization. But many of his actions and thoughts reflect what happened to him. He's driven to want to make the world a better place.

What can we expect from these stories?

A lot of action, obviously, and like I said above, they read more like TV episodes than books, I think. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll ask my beta readers. There will be romance, and there will be surprises. Since these aren't romances, per se, and it's a serial, you're not going to see the hero and heroine ride off into the sunset. What fun would that be? LOL
Would you write yourself as a character in one of your books?

No, I never have. I supposed it's possible some of my characters have a personality trait that I also have, but to me, they're characters. I make them up. In order for that to work for me, I can't use myself, or a friend, or whatever. It would limit me too much.
Do you think you'll venture out into other genres?
I'll never leave romance, for any of my fans who are panicking right now. Hopefully a few were. I wish I could write in some specific genres, but my voice doesn't lend itself well to them. For instance, I'd love to write historical, but my voice is "sparse and direct", as an editor once told me, and that doesn't tend to work in a historical setting. But never say never!



THE ELOQUENT JOCK
Originally released as part of the Campus Cravings bundle in 2014, now available as a stand-alone novella complete with BRAND-NEW 4,000+ word, 11-page short story. 

 Hockey jock and English Lit major Brendan knows he’s gay, but hasn’t come out to anyone, fearing a possible backlash. Then he’s tapped to be a TA for a hot professor and feels an immediate connection. Now he must decide how much he’s willing to risk to score the ultimate goal.



Buy Links:
Kobo 


CIVILIAN MASTER

Originally released as part of the Unconditional Surrender bundle in 2014, now available as a stand-alone novella complete with BRAND-NEW 5,000+ word, 16-page short story. 


The only life Clay Benson has known in years is the Army. Now he's on forced leave after a Ranger mission goes terribly wrong. When he decides to return home, Clay knows he needs to face his past, and the only man he's ever loved: Flynn. Now Flynn is a Dominant, and Clay wants nothing more than to heal and find his true self. Is his place as Flynn's submissive? Flynn certainly thinks so, but must convince Clay there's something worth fighting for besides his country.

Buy Links:
Amazon:Civilian Master (Unconditional Surrender)
Barnes & Noble
iTunes
Kobo


HOOKING HANNAH

Watching her twin sister deal with being a hockey wife putting up with moves across the country and injuries has made Hannah Howard determined not to date hockey players. Ever. When she’s introduced to gorgeous center Scott Richards after an all-star game, though, her resolution is tested. She's pushed into going out with him afterward, but as their chemistry rockets off the charts that night, Hannah begins to wonder if her hands off hockey players rule is about to go up in smoke.

Scott, a star playing for New York, is tired of puck bunnies and playing the field and longs for that home and family stuff he’s heard about. When he spots stunning Hannah across the room, those visions start solidifying in his head and he becomes determined to win her over, using his best techniques both in and out of bed to snag her for his future. Hannah's reticence means some fancy footwork, though, and not the kind he’s used to on the ice.

Now Hannah must decide if Scott is worth the worry and uncertainty that comes with dating a player. Scott, for his part, needs to go after the most important goal of his life: making Hannah his forever.


Buy Links:
Amazon: Hooking Hannah: A Hockey Novella
Barnes & Noble
iTunes
Kobo

Author Bio:
Cassandra Carr lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on the computer.
For more information about Cassandra, check out her:
Website
Facebook
Twitter


Thank you Cassandra for being here today and answering a few questions.
Please go visit Cassandra's website and check out more of her books and her coming soon page. Give her a 'like' on Facebook and join her on Twitter!!!









2 comments: