Wednesday, May 21, 2014

~~Author Wednesdays--Syneca Featherstone~~!!


                 © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images


Today is Wednesday and you know what that means!! It's Author Wednesday time. Today's post is a little different. Syneca Featherstone is here and she's talking about how she got into doing art.



When did I begin creating art?  I think I was three when I painted my first masterpiece – a watercolor mural on the hall in my parent’s home.  It did not go over well and I moved from sheetrock to paper. I guess I’ve been in art all my life.  I’ve been a portrait photographer and painter, a fantasy artist, a designer for software user manuals, a cover artist and a model photographer.  And I once had my own line of discs (for the sport of disc golf) called “Throw Art”.

My entry into the world of book covers was just fate.  In 2003 I was busy with my line of discs and did a few pieces to enter into online contests.  The art director of Ellora’s Cave saw my work and asked if I’d like to do book covers.  I thought it sounded fun so I said yes.

Eleven years later, I’m still designing book covers and still love it.  January of this year I went back out on my own and do graphics (covers, ads, banners, videos, cover flats, etc) for my own little biz – Original Syn.

Let's take a look at some of Syn's art.



You Will Be Mine         Syn 2013

I love this picture, it's fantastic.


Syn Beast      Syneca 2003

This dragon is awesome!



Dark Lust       Syn 2013

I really like this one, it's beautiful.


You can view more of Syneca's art at the following links:






Here's a link to some promotional videos:



If you'd like to contact Syneca or just look at more of her work, go to her website:



Thanks so much Syneca for being here today! I've always admired all your book covers and other artwork.

Please join me next Wednesday when Kate Douglas will be here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment