Wednesday, March 5, 2014

~~Author Wednesdays~~Nancy Corrigan~~


                                              © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images


Welcome to Author Wednesdays at For Whom The Books Toll! Today my guest is Nancy Corrigan! Thanks for stopping by today Nancy!

Chocolate to tame a shifter?
I love chocolate, dark chocolate especially. Lots of people do. When we’re feeling stressed, it’s often our favorite quick, natural fix for our bad tempers. There’s a reason for that. Studies have shown it can increase our serotonin levels and boost our moods. When I was researching natural ways to combat stress and anxiety, I found other sources that mentioned our positive responses to smells (aromatherapy). And I realized in this case, I react to the scent of chocolate the same way I do to eating it. I smell it and can’t resist a sigh and a smile.

I decided to weave this little tidbit into my hero’s profile from my latest release, Beautiful Mistake. Devin has some serious mental issues after accepting the punishment meant for his baby sister. After being tortured for months, he suffers from blackouts and aggression. He’s also a feline shifter and as such is influenced heavily by scent. Nothing he’s tried has helped him heal his broken mind until he smells his salvation…Lena, his brown-haired, chocolate-eyed angel.

She takes the splintered pieces of his mind and builds them up around her. Devin cherishes the peace her scent gives him and promises one thing—he’ll never let his little slice of heaven go no matter how many mistakes he makes along the way.



Buy Links:






Excerpt:
He climbed out of the water and pressed his nose to the bushes along the bank. She’d rubbed against the leaves, left her unique essence all over them. He inhaled. A chuffing grunt crawled up his throat as her personal fragrance overloaded his senses.

He’d never encountered a woman whose scent was so sweet yet heady. It left him lightheaded and unsteady on his paws. He dragged in more, just to feel the tingle run through his skin. A purr rumbled his chest. The response shocked him, yanking him out of his contemplative state. 
A low growl replaced the contented sound. While he stood here pondering the richness of her signature, the female was getting away.

He shook the water from his fur and followed her trail. Within minutes, he caught sight of her. She fled across the woods, looking as attuned to the natural landscape as any shifter. Selecting the path with the least undergrowth, she leapt over a fallen tree, arms out to the side to keep her balance. He heard her grunt as she landed, but she fell back into the rhythm of her run without missing a beat.

Mesmerized by the sight she made, he stumbled. His paws slid in a pile of wet leaves. Without a good grip, he skidded down a small embankment. At the bottom, he sat on his hind legs. He couldn’t move.

He swept his gaze over the female, searing her image into his mind. She was tiny, yet used every inch of her petite frame to her advantage. Sleek muscles flexed and bunched as her ground-eating pace propelled her forward. Her physical prowess impressed him. Sure, he could easily outpace her in his tiger form but he didn’t close the distance. She wouldn’t escape him now that she was within sight. He let her run. The sight of her tight ass molded in the shorts she wore excited him while the hunt appealed to his primal side—left him in fucking heaven.


Author Bio:
I've always been an avid reader and encourage everyone to escape the hectic daily grind with a few minutes a day in your favorite book.
 
I'm lucky enough to share my cat's home with my three wonderful children, husband, dog and snake. When not writing, I work as a chemist in a pharmaceutical lab.

My passions beyond reading and family include music, classic cars, tattoos and animals (all of which have found their way into my writing in one form or another).
So that's a little bit about me...
Nancy

Contact Nancy:






Thanks for taking the time to stop by today. I hope you'll all come back next Wednesday when my guest will be Sam Cheever.


2 comments:

  1. You're welcome! It was my pleasure. Please come back and visit again.

    ReplyDelete