Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Author Wednesdays-Samantha Cayto Interview!!


                                                        © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images




Happy New Year to everyone!  And it's Wednesday again and you all know what that means, Author Wednesday time. Samantha Cayto stopped by today and agreed to answer some questions. Enjoy!


Can you tell us a little about yourself?
 I'm a New England woman through and through, a wife a mother and a lawyer, in addition to being an author. I'm also a Domme.

Please share 5 fun facts about yourself.
 (a) I can make puff pastry from scratch. (b) I'm a strip club a-holic. I just can't get enough of hot men taking their clothes off! (c) I love the ocean. (d) My favorite drink is bourbon, Maker's Mark in particular. (e) My favorite color is purple.

What was your ideal career when you were a child?
Being a writer, actually, but I put it aside for a long time because I thought it was unrealistic as a goal.

Tell us about a typical writing day for you.
I don't have a typical day of writing. I do it when I can and I usually write at the dining room table so that I can talk to my husband and kids while I do it. I can split my concentration pretty well like that.

On average, how long does it take you to write a book?
 If I have enough time each day to devote to it, I can write a novel length in a month or two. I write very fast.

How long does it take to write sex scenes?
Those are the hardest scenese to write, but I always write them in one sitting and it's usually about an hour.

Where do you find writing inspiration?
Anything and everything each day can give me inspiration. People ask me how I come up with my stories but the truth is I have so many bouncing around in my brain, I don't have time for them all.

Do you have a favorite writing snack?
I try not to not to each while I write because I end up overeating, but something small like jelly beans is what I prefer.

Do you have any writing rituals?
I used to play one game of Freecell before beginning, but I don't do that anymore. I just jump in.

Where’s your favorite place to write?
The dining room table. It's in the center of my house so I can keep track of what's going on.

What’s the best way to get over writer’s block?
I honestly don't know because I've never had it.

What scene for you was the hardest to write and how did you overcome that obstacle?
The hardest scene is always the last one of any story. I just keep trying things out until I find one that I don't hate. I never like my endings, though.

What’s your biggest writing achievement? Why?
Writing Illegal Moves with Dalton Diaz because it was my first to get published. It was like a damn bursting. I've published everything I've written since.

How do you celebrate a new book?
With ice cream!

Can you tell us about your current book, Too Hot to Touch?
It's a sequel to Locked and Loaded using the secondary character, Sean as the hero.

What made you write ‘this’ story?
Sean suffers from PTSD. A lot of readers were moved by that plot line so I knew I had to tell his story.

What do you think makes a good story?
Dialogue is always my favorite part to write and read in others' books.

What’s the hardest thing about writing and how do you handle it?
Getting my brain to slow down enough to write the words. It's a struggle each time.

If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
Probably Aidan Jones from Jonesin' for Action. He's an amputee and I'd like to see how he's doing.

If you could have dinner with 5 people, who would you choose and why?
1. Orlando Bloom because he's gorgeous and I'd like to just stare at him all night.
2. Dan Savage because I think he's funny and he's done so much to support LGBT kids (my older daughter is gay), plus he can bring his totally hot husband Terry Miller too (does that count as a third person?)
3. Hillary Rodham Clinton because, love her or hate her, she's a powerful woman who's had an amazing life and she's not done yet.
4. Bill Maher because sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I don't and I like a good debate.
5. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand because I admire her tireless work on behalf of military women.

If you could travel in a time machine, would go back to the past or to the future?
The future. I know what's happened already and women didn't do so well. I want to see how things turn out for us humans.

What does your family and friends think about your writing erotic romances?
The people who count the most in my life - husband, kids, brothers - they support me and love my success. The others are embarrassed so too bad for them.

How important is reader feedback, good or bad, to you?
It's very important. You can't please everyone, but you have to at least try!

What is your greatest temptation?
Naked men and beating them into submission. What can I say, it's what turns me on.

What is your greatest weakness?
Food. It would be fine if I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight or risk health problems. Alas, that's not true.

What’s the best advice you can give to an inspiring author?
Don't give up and if you are having trouble getting published, do self-pubbed. I've read lots of self-published books on Amazon that I thought were great.

How do you relax?
I love a good massage.

What is your favorite all time book?
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. I loved that book so much I won't read it again for fear of not loving it as much.


Time for a few fun questions

Pepsi or Coke?
Coke

Chips or pretzels?
Chips

Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate

Mountains or beach?
Beach

Favorite color?
Any shade of purple

Favorite ice cream?
Coffee heath bar crunch

Casual or dress up?
Casual

Early bird or night owl?
Night owl

Cook outs or restaurant dinners?
Restaurants


Blurb:     Sequel to Locked and Loaded
Former military man Sean is winning his battle with PTSD and ready for a new challenge. Zoë is a hot-blooded Greek whose ultimate fantasy is sex with a younger man. She secretly wants one who will dominate her in bed too. Never one to back down from a challenge, Sean reports for duty. He wasn’t looking for an older woman, but Zoë breaks all of his rules. She makes his body sizzle even as she salves his emotional wounds. Their time together isn’t supposed to lead to forever. But once Sean gets a taste of Zoë, he’s determined to convince her that retreat is not an option.


Buy Links:


Ellora's Cave


Blurb:          Cougar Challenge #11
Former army-turned-ER doctor Grace McKinnon is through with going to bed with nothing more than fantasies and a yearning to resurrect her personal life. She's determined instead to take the Cougar Challenge with a flesh and hot-blooded younger man. She discovers the perfect opportunity steaming up the curtain of exam room four. 

Captain Mark Bennington has been locked and loaded-ready for action-since meeting Grace. He's on a mission to heat up the Boston nights while on leave. This sexy older woman is lighting his way, fulfilling double-time every sex wish he's ever made. But it's going to be the toughest fight of his life to convince her to take a chance on more than just a fling.


Buy Links:



Ellora's Cave


Blurb:           SEALS on Fire #3
Losing half a leg hasn't slowed down Aiden Jones. He can't deploy as a SEAL anymore, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying life as he always has. The one challenge left is to take a woman to bed. It's not his ability he questions, but his appeal. Can a woman overlook his damaged leg?

Marissa Nelson tends bar while working on her dissertation. Cautious by nature, hooking up with customers isn't her style, but Aiden tempts her to break the rules. More than the sum of his parts, he's a man who can rock her world.



Buy Links:



ARe


Blurb:       Toys 4 Us series
Transplanted Boston executive, Emily Driscoll, is taking San Antonio by storm. A take charge kind of woman, she controls her business and personal relationships with the same ruthless efficiency. Her secret desire, however, is to give control to a strong man who will show her a little discipline and a lot of love. A naughty sex toy party has armed her with the weapons she needs to surrender. If she can only find the right man to wield them.

General contractor, Kevin Brandt, has the right tools in his belt to keep a lady happy. He wields a flogger and a hammer with equal skill. He’s on the prowl for a strong woman who will trust him with her body. It takes only a little coaxing to get this button-downed Northerner to put herself in his clever hands.
A weekend playing with Emily’s toys shuts out the rest of the world. But come Monday, social rules and an old flame threaten to sever their binds. They have to fight to keep their new-found delights from swirling down the drain.


Buy Links:



ARe


Blurb:       Naughty Sleepover #7                                                      
Attending her sister's San Antonio wedding, sensible California gal Tara O'Malley's only hope is to survive the overdone affair without a wardrobe malfunction.

Rodeo salesman, Rob, can't resist helping a damsel in distress. The voluptuous lady tantalizes his dominant nature, and he wants to take her for the ride of her life.

Whether it's the sultry San Antonio night, or simply her tight dress cutting off the oxygen to her brain, the lure of submitting to the commanding Texan may prove more tempting than she can resist.


Buy Links:



ARe



Blurb:              1-800-DOM-help series
FBI agent and ex-military man Trey Boudreau likes to be in control and issue orders. But the bedroom is not a battlefield. His secret desire is to submit his body to a strong, older woman. He discovers a card that promises him the right one to bring him to his knees. 

Juliette Coyne is a Domme determined to overcome a past experience that left her questioning her ability in the lifestyle. She is challenged by Trey, a strong, younger man in need of a good lesson or two. Old habits die hard, however, and the past continues to haunt them. Trey and Juliette grapple with each other and themselves for control, trust and a future together.






Buy Links:



ARe

Ellora's Cave


Blurb:                                                                                                          

Attorney Caroline Ellis wants a decent orgasm or twenty. Sex has been mediocre since she and Jordan Fox split and he owes her for breaking his word and her heart.

Businessman Jordan Fox wants to win back the woman he loves. He regrets not going through with that ménage in college, but the idea of letting another man touch him made him run. It was the biggest mistake of his life and long past time to make it right.

Secretly bisexual attorney Seth Foster has his fist wrapped around a recurrent fantasy that Jordan, his boss and best friend, is not completely hetero. Never in those wildest dreams did he imagine they could come true.

Jordan’s determination to get Caroline back could fulfill each of their fantasies and more.

Buy Links:



ARe

Ellora's Cave     Paperback


Author Bio:

I wish I had something exciting to put here – something like I’m a dominatrix who spends her days having gorgeous men lick chocolate off her body.
The truth is I’m a corporate lawyer, happily married for twenty years with three kids and four dogs. No white picket fence, but we do live in the burbs west of Boston. While my husband and I still do occasionally lick chocolate off each other, our more typical evening involves lying in bed once the kids are in theirs and reading separate books. Mine of course are romance. I started reading them as a defense against all those boring legal documents. Once I started, I couldn’t stop.
I love all types of romance, although my favorite stories are the ones with a kick-ass heroine. I devour anything by Nora Roberts (including J.D. Robb), Suzanne Brockmann and Jessica Andersen. Of course the heros in their stories kick ass, too. There’s nothing sexier to me than an Alpha male, except an Alpha male that’s willing to not only accept an Alpha female as an equal, but also willing to let her take charge from time to time.
I’ve loved erotica and especially male-on-male stories since my teen years. I stole a thin book by someone named Anonymous from my older brother’s drawer and found the best parts had two guys getting it on. What an eye-opener those scenes were! I thought I was the only straight woman perusing the gay male fiction in the bookstore all these years. Imagine my surprise when Ellora’s Cave gave a talk at an RWA conference one year asking for the very thing that’s always turned me on. It was a natural fit.
Besides my family, writing and reading, my loves include the sight, smell and sounds of the ocean (I’m a New England girl through and through), chocolate (naturally), prime rib (bloody) and good bourbon on the rocks. Whenever I’m out of town for a conference or other business, I also look for a male strip club or revue. I know – so cheesy. But the guys are hot and very attentive if you tip well enough. My husband is fine with this, by the way. He figures he gets the benefit of all that hotness when I get home. And he does, too!
Writing has been my passion since I was a child. Thank you so much for helping me realize my dream of not only writing, but writing something that other people enjoy!
Contact Samantha:

Website

Thanks for stopping by today Samantha! Oh, I'd love to have dinner with Orlando Bloom just so I could stare at him all night. And it would be great to have chips on a beach while getting a massage. I hope everyone enjoyed their time here today and please stop by next Wednesday when Cerise Deland will be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment