Tuesday, September 23, 2014

2Bibliophiles Guide Presents~ Cassidy K O'Connor's The Evolution of Sam!


Fall… Autumn… Pre-winter! 

Orange, brown, yellow! Its so pretty to see it. Pumpkin spice is the way of life (Pumpkin pie filled donuts even-eww). Cool breezes, dramatic sunsets, layers of mix-matched clothes, who wouldn’t love it!?

Well you know what, this is FLORIDA! You don’t see seasons change here… ever. 72 degrees… thats the a/c setting. Cool breezes are from ceiling fans. The leaves fall from the trees while they are still green… turning brown once they hit the ground. I go to the nearby grocery store to see what season it is. This time of year they love to put (often tacky) faux autumn scenes around the produce department. They find the ugliest gourds and make some weird cornucopia out of it. I don’t think these things are even edible.

Basically candy corn and pumpkin spice lattes mark what we call the Fall here. The news report will warn parents “Drink plenty of water this Halloween, as kids in costumes will be getting overheated!”. The best fall days are 78 degrees outside and have low humidity. Days like that only happen a few times during September and October.Then “WAM!” its winter - temperatures hit a frosty 58-65 degrees and I’ll be freezing my ass off.

This is the horrible price we pay here in the ‘sunshine state’. We don’t see seasons change, we change our coffee flavors, and desktop backgrounds. We don’t have fun wardrobes or fall colors. I’ve missed out on some of these things, sure. I’m jealous of you northerners and your fun season-thingy’s! But I’ll sit here watching the sunset at the beach, in my 80 degree weather wearing shorts and a tee shirt, sipping my pumpkin spice beverage knowing I won’t have to worry about scraping ice off my car in a month.




Blurb:
Sam Dalton is a confirmed bachelor with few attachments in this world until he meets Keara. New to his building she slowly takes over his every waking thought. Has he finally found the one who can tame him into submission? 


Keara is the newest member of the Laochra Gra, a clan of faery women whose mission is to save mortal men from the Lianhan Shee by uniting them with their Soul Mates. Are her newly acquired powers strong enough to teach him the art of pleasuring a woman and preparing him for his soul mate? 



Excerpt 18 and up Only
I wake up and my first thought is of her. We had so much fun at the party last night and I was really hoping to get lucky, but I came home alone. She is quickly becoming an addiction for me. I can’t wait
to see her again. I can’t go empty handed, so I run down the block to the bakery. I pick up a couple of cinnamon rolls, croissants, bagels and since I don’t know what she drinks I grab a coffee, tea, and a hot chocolate. I rush back to the building praying the whole time she’s there. I knock and hear her call out she’ll be right there. I wait patiently and get rewarded when she opens the door. She’s only wearing an Emerald green robe that matches her eyes perfectly. I wish I had woken up next to her this morning to see if she always looks this perfect.
“Good morning Sam, have you brought me another present?”
“I wasn’t sure what you liked so I brought you one of everything”
“That is very sweet of you, this pleases me very much. Come in and make yourself comfortable”


I'm a born and raised Floridian who loves to travel. I married my high school sweetheart, we have three awesome kids and one crazy dog. I love all things Ireland and visited twice! Reading is essential to life and writing is an extension of that. If my books can make you laugh or give you that tingly feeling in your belly I've done something right!
Find me on:

Book 2 of the Loves Protector Series is currently in progress! Jake Reynolds is a pro ball player who has already met his soul mate. He's refusing to listen to his heart because his circle of friends would never accept her at the size she currently is. Keara's got her work cut out for her this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment