Wednesday, September 3, 2014

~~Author Wednesdays-Holly J. Gill!!~~

© Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images 

Hello!  I hope everyone had a marvelous three day week end!! Today is Wednesday and so it's time once again for Author Wednesdays at For Whom The Books Toll. Today my guest is Holly J. Gill.  Welcome Holly. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer a few questions.

Thank you so much for having me here I appreciate it greatly. I would like to introduce you all to my Desires series, with the 5th book soon to be launched. 

What inspired you to become an author?
I have no real idea, to be honest. I have been writing since I could pick up a pen. I had all these stories looming in my head and couldn’t wait to write them down. It wasn’t until I reached 19 that I discovered I had far too many people talking in my head and that was when I started to write more consistent

Do you consider yourself a plotter, or pantser or a hybrid?
I write totally off the cuff. I have no idea where the story is leading. The characters like to miss lead me and take me down many avenue’s, twisting and turning as they go, driving me crazy. I was always told when at school to write, beginning, middle and end… erm, I failed. I have no idea of the middle or ending until the characters throw it at me and I write with passion. 

On average, how long does it take you to write a book?
Good question, ok, well… despite all the grammar errors and sentence structures and any other errors I might make on the journey that all goes down in the draft copy. Once an idea comes in my head I have to write it down, then and there and keep going until I write the end. I do work as a carer assistant in a residential home two days a week, and I cry when I’m there because the characters talk to me all the time and I have no chance of writing anything down. My memory is so full of ideas and the next scene they have told me, I cannot wait to get back to laptop and write. How long to write a book… taking out the day job… a full 80.000 word manuscript about 4 weeks but can depend on personal life too.

Where do you find writing inspiration?
Music, can be a main source of inspiration, listening to lyrics and getting a deep feeling, whether it’s good or bad, there is always a song to feed the imagination. I also use pictures, I have a pinterest account full of faces and ideas, pretty much telling you what to expect from me. Other people too, I like to ask authors and friends for opinions and they sometimes stand there mouth wide-open and say “where did that come from?” No idea, but their input helps. And finally life experiences, always good to try and write from what you have seen, heard and done.

What scene for you was the hardest to write and how did you overcome that obstacle?
This has got to be my recent WIP, gosh, allow me to explain, basically the scenes in the book are heart-wrenching and I could only write the first book in sections due to the emotional ailment in the book, needing a few boxes of tissues. The stories far too deep and I needed to have small breaks, to compose and attempt to get back without breaking into tears immediately. The most intense book I have ever written, powerful and full of heart churning moments. 

Fun Questions

Coffee or Tea? 
Tea

Pepsi or Coke? 
Neither, fizzy drinks don’t agree with me.

Mountains or beach? 
Depends on my mood, but have to go for Mountains

Favorite color? 
Green

Favorite ice cream? 
Mint choc chip

Casual or dress up?  
Casual

Early bird or night owl? 
Early bird

Bad boy or good guy? 
That is cruel… both


Thanks so much Holly. I should've guessed the ice cream answer when I read about your favorite color. LOL!!!

Ok, now, on to the books!!!


Blurb:
Book One
Desires—a place where fantasies are made flesh and dreams become real. From BDSM to being a dog, Desires can provide it with bells on, if that’s your kink.

Stacie Clifford’s only desire is to regain her sexual confidence after her recent escape from an abusive marriage. She joins Desires looking for re-education in the joys of her body. There is only one condition; her contract states emotional attraction between tutor and student is forbidden. Stacie is fine with that; her heart is so battered she has no desire to give it to anyone else.

Then she meets her instructor, Dan. Instantly attracted, at first Stacie thinks it will help to make her sexually comfortable with him. But when she realises she is falling in love, she can’t tear herself away, contract or no. Stacie knows that, no matter how kind and caring Dan appears, he’s just doing his job. Can Stacie overcome her own Desires and walk away?


Buy Link:
Amazon: Desires



Blurb:
Book 2
Angel’s life was one, big, long, dream come true. Young, beautiful, sexy, and in charge of Desires—the best sex club in the country. An entire staff of delicious men and delectable women was at her beck and call, ready to indulge her every carnal whim. 

When vulnerable abuse survivor Stacie Clifford tentatively approached Desires for help getting her sexual confidence back, Angel had no qualms about assigning her secret favourite Dan McVeigh as her tutor. Gentle and sweet, Dan was just what Stacie needed.

Angel hadn’t realized just how powerful her suppressed feelings for Dan were until she noticed Dan and Stacie were getting on a little too well. Despite Dan’s insistence that all was strictly professional, maybe it was time to persuade Stacie that Desires was not for her. Just how far would Angel go to keep Dan to herself?

No one touched Angel’s Desires.


Buy Link:
Amazon: Touching Angel's Desires


Blurb:
Book 3
Two and a half years after her first visit to Desires, Stacie Clifford’s life has done a 180. Settled and happy with her beloved Dan, baby Ryan has completed their lives.

When Dan suggests revisiting Desires for some sexy couple time away, Stacie is unaccountably cautious until she finds that Angel will not be there. She didn’t know why, but she always had a gut feeling that Angel was not to be trusted. With Angel out of the way, she and Dan, together with their good friends Jason and Chrissie, proceed to indulge in the many and varied delights of Desires. Stacie even decides to explore some of her own secret fantasies.

But events soon take a dramatic turn, threatening to shatter Stacie’s new, happy life. What secrets lurk inside the walls of Desires? 


Buy Link:

Blurb:
Book 4
Dan and Stacie are preparing for the biggest day of their lives and everything is perfect. Stacie has her Hen night; Dan his stag night – both in Desires. Angel is being the wonderful host, but all is not what it seems. Five days before the wedding Dan and Stacie find themselves, devastated and destroyed, and on the brink of separation. Stacie feels that her life is falling apart. She cannot breathe or think because of the agony of losing Dan, the man she thought she could trust and spend the rest of her life with. Her world has been shattered. But Dan wants her back. Stacie longs to embrace what is important in her life. When she finds out the truth of what happened will it be too late to save the biggest embrace of all?

Buy Link:


Other Buy Links:

Author Bio:
A wife and mother of three, Holly J. Gill is a romance writer whose favorite genre is erotica, romance and has recently been exploring new channels, paranormal, and contemporary. She has four books published with Secret Cravings called the Desires series about a sex club and how two people go through the trials of falling in love. In Holly’s spare time she loves spending time with her family, friends, listens to music, watch movies, and travel around England enjoying the beautiful countryside.

Contact Holly:


Thank you again Holly for being on my blog today. It was fun to learn about your Desires series.

Well, everyone that's it for another Author Wednesdays, please stop back next Wednesday when my guest will be Dilys J. Carnie!




No comments:

Post a Comment