Wednesday, September 24, 2014

~~Author Wednesdays-Amy Lee Burgess~~

 © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images  

Thank you for stopping by toady, it's Author Wednesday and my guest is Amy Lee Burgess. Thank you for being here Amy.

Title: Blood Gate
Series: The Circle Book Two
Length: 297 pgs

Blurb:
Vampire Claire finds herself caught in the middle between her Master, Parker, and her Trigger, Andre. Little love is lost between the former friends, but somehow Claire must build a bridge between them when they are sent to Edgewood to settle their differences. The cost of her failure will be deadly.

Deep in the cellars of Edgewood, a game of sexual bondage unleashes unexpected dangers, twisting open, loving Andre into a secretive virtuoso of manipulation. Is this just another part of the game, or is he losing his mind? Parker will take desperate steps to protect his apprentice, but he won’t be dragged into the game with them.

Can Parker set aside forty years of bitter rivalry, or will he sacrifice Andre to save Claire?


Buy Links:
Kobo

Excerpt:

The miniature rosebush had a few struggling red petals, but most of the green leaves had withered or fallen off. When I touched the soil around the roots, it was dry as chalk. I picked up the cheap plastic pot and went back inside.

“Parker, what was this doing on the balcony?” I thrust the rosebush between his face and the damn laptop screen.

He feigned surprise, but a smile lurked in the corners of his seductive mouth. “Huh. How’d that get there?” He gave the plant a closer look. “Looks about ready to die. Better pitch it in the trash.”

“It just needs some water,” I said, taking it to the kitchen sink. “And some plant food.” Almost as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I saw the small package of rose fertilizer on the counter. My mouth dropped open.

I watered and fertilized the plant and then returned to the living room.

Parker seemed very into whatever the hell he was doing on his laptop, but when I pushed the lid shut, he set it aside on the coffee table and looked at me.“You want to make a speech, I take it?”

“Why’d you do this? Bring me a plant. You hate them. You think it’s crazy for a vampire to grow flowers.” My throat was so tight I could barely force out the words. Jesus, if I started to cry, he’d kill me. He hated showing emotion unless it was sarcasm or contempt.

“I do. Notice I got you the most pathetic plant I could find. The one most likely to die,” he said.

“You did it so I’d have something to save. This is better than something healthy and big, and you know it. You…you actually put some thought into this, you sonofabitch.” Tears burned my eyes, and I knew if I blinked it was game over. “Why did you do something like that?”

“Maybe to screw with you.” He shrugged and reached for his laptop, but I got between it and him so he couldn’t.

“You’re not screwing with me. You wanted to give me something meaningful. Like a…a gift!” My voice twisted on the last word. “You heard what I said about Andre’s Christmas present, and you wanted to give me something too. Something I wanted versus something you wanted to give me. This is the nicest thing you’ve ever done for me, damn you.”

“If you’re going to cry about it, I swear I’ll pitch the damn thing over the railing,” he said, and he wasn’t joking. “Don’t ruin this or read something huge into it. I saw the stupid thing wilting away in the store when I was buying milk for your goddamn coffee, and I thought you might like it. End of story.”

“You bought me milk?” I gaped at him. “You bastard!”


Author Bio:
Amy Lee Burgess lives and writes in Houston, Texas but her heart belongs to New England – especially in the autumn. Ruled by two dachshunds and addicted to Irish breakfast tea and the Walking Dead, she loves to write about vampires, wolf shifters, gargoyles and other assorted paranormal creatures. Amy loves to travel to places like London England, Edinburgh, Scotland, Paris France and Providence, Rhode Island where she stalks the coziest Irish pubs she can find. She writes to trance and house music by candlelight and welcomes email from her readers – especially if they want to talk about the supernatural.

Links to reach Amy Lee Burgess:
Twitter:    @AmyLeeBurgess 
Email: Amyleeburgess99@gmail.com

Make sure to go to Amy's website and check out her books! Thanks again Amy for taking time to be here today.

Please stop by next Wednesday when JoLynne Valerie will be here!


2 comments: